From where I sit...

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Breaking News, broken hearts!

There is always breaking news
The kind that tears your world apart
And rips your heart out
The temptation to walk away
So great I started to
But I just couldn’t
So I stayed
And thought I would die again
And again

There was the story of the little boy
Whose mother ordered pizza
Because he had been so good
But the pizza deliveryman
Ran over the little boy’s dog
And broke his heart
Into a thousand pieces
That even all the King’s men
Could not put together again

Breaking news of a jet
Flying right into the WTC
Wait! More breaking news
A second plane exploding into
The second Tower
Broken glass
Debris and fire and bodies
Broken dreams and broken hearts
That divided our lives into
Before and after
September 11th 2001

Breaking news of reporters
Who risk their lives
So we can stay on top
Of the world
Kidnapped they become the story
Their spirits never broken
By their captors
Oh! The price they pay
To bring us breaking news


Mixed feelings I have about
Breaking news
To know or not to know
Is the dilemma at times
But I guess all said and done
I salute you
Who risk life and limb
To bring us breaking news!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home